St. Lucia is known as one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean.
We’ll give you everything you need to have an amazing vacation in St. Lucia, inculding tips and tricks to make your trip better than ever.
(COVID-19 travel warning: If you wish to travel to St. Lucia, excersize mild caution. Learn more here.)
What’s the best time to visit St. Lucia?
|January||✅Beach season ❌Start of crowded season (lots of people)+ prices rising|
|February||✅One of the best beach months ❌lots of crowds + more expensive|
|March||✅ Amazing beach time ❌Extremely crowded + more expensive|
|April||✅ Great beach and adventure month ❌and ✅ End of high season (so there will be lots of people, just not as much. )|
|May||✅Start of the budget season/ a great time for a laid-back vacation|
❌ You may experience a few rains
|June||✅Budget+ less people ❌Start of the rainy season|
|July||✅budget ❌lots of rains + 2nd highest tourist arrival month|
|August||✅ Budget ❌Rains + significant crowds|
|September||✅ Budget + least touristy month ❌Rain|
|October||✅Less people/budget ❌most rainy month + hours of sunlight dip significantly|
|November||✅budget season, but nearing high season ❌significant amounts of rainfall|
|December||✅Less rain, awesome beach weather ❌Start of high season (more crowds) + prices rising|
Note: (despite saying “rain” a lot, the weather in St. Lucia is usually pleasant and warm.)
What should I not miss in St. Lucia?
The must see attractions in St. Lucia include:
- Climbing the Gros Piton
- Taking a culinary tour!
- The Sulphur Springs
- Te Paul Nature Trail
- Pigeon Island National Park
- Rodney Bay
- Taking the Rainforst Aerial Tram!
(Click the links for more information about the activities.)
What are the best hotels in St. Lucia?
St. Lucia is known for having some of the best luxury hotels in the world, and is a luxury destination itself, actually (but there’s lots of budget options as well).
Here’s some of the best hotels in St. Lucia:
Resorts aka Luxury Hotels
- Jade Mountain Resort– the very definition of luxury. Incredible views to the ocean and mountains. A top rated resort complete with a gym, spa, pool,and a fancy restaurant. Rooms are literally on the ocean.
- Ladera Resort– Similar views to the Jade Mountain Resort. Amenities include a garden, library, bar, restaurant, sauna, excersize facility, and spa.
- Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Hotel– Beautiful hotel situated between two green mountains. Rooms include private pools. There is direct and private beachfront access, a garden, themed dinners, movie nights, entertainment, a snack bar, bar, and restaurant, a fitness center, sauna, spa, and a lot more that will not fit in this guide.
- Tropical Breeze Guesthouse– simple guesthouse with a bar.
- Bay Gardens Inn– Beautiful inn with great ocean views, clean, comfortable rooms, a great location, a spa, and a pool.
- Spice Bay Suites– top rated suites with a pool, amazing views, and free breakfast.
What should I expect from St. Lucia?
If you want to see snow or the desert, St. Lucia isn’t it, but otherwise, it’s a pretty compatible place for everyone. But, you should except to spend a lot of time of the beach.
If you’ve ever been to Hawaii, St. Lucia will be pretty similar to that.
Expect to have a great time- because if sure you will, and don’t be scared to try something new (like ziplining), because St. Lucia is all about that!
Hope you enjoyed and learned something new! If you did or had any feedback, comment down below.
Follow me on Instagram @voyage_the_wrld
Or on Twitter @VoyageTheWorld1
Voyage with us!