Tanzania, Africa, famous for its mountains, beaches, safaris, and so much more can not possibly be explored well enough in a 14 days. But if that’s all you have, then this itinerary is for you. We’ll be showing you the best things to do in Tanzania for 2 weeks, as well as details about all the places you’ll visit. And even though we probably won’t travel soon, you can keep this itinerary in your head for whenever you can travel again.
(If you only have less than 14 days, break this itinerary down into your favorite parts.)
(Note: I’ll start with a super basic itinerary, and then below I’ll explain all the places you’ll visit.)
- Day 1: Arrive in Kilimanjaro International Airport. (Mount Kilimanjaro is the tallest mountain in Africa.) Go to the city of Arusha, where you’ll start your journey. Spend the night in Arusha.
- Day 2: Spend the next 5 days watching the wildlife in places like Ngorongoro Crater, the very popular Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park. (You probably won’t have enough time to visit all of these though, but I would visit only Seregeti if you don’t have enough time.)
- Day 3: Watching Wildlife.
- Day 4: Watching wildlife
- Day 5: Watching Wildlife
- Day 6: Watching wildlife. (If you would rather do some really hard hiking instead of watching the wildlife, take the Mount Kilimanjaro trail.)
- Day 7: Fly to Zanzibar island. Here, you can start with the beaches there if you like, but I would save them for later, because relaxing at the end of a trip is great. Today, you can explore Zanzibar’s Old Town (Stone Town).
- Day 8: Stone Town
- Day 9: Stone Town
- Day 10: Go to beaches like Matemwe, Nungwi, Paje, Kendwa and Jambiani.
- Day 11: Beaches
- Day 12: Beaches
- Day 13: Beaches
- Day 14: Depart from Zanzibar Island.
The Places In this Itinerary:
Arusha: A city in Northern Tanzania. It is most frequently visited by tourists as a sort of gateway into the safaris and Mount Kilimanjaro.
Ngorongoro Crater: The world’s largest inactive, unbroken, and unfilled volcanic caldera. it’s the most famous crater in Tanzania.
Serengeti National Park: Famous for its rare animals and beautiful scenery, this is one of the most famous national parks in Tanzania.
Tarangire National Park: The 6th largest national park in Tanzania. It also has a large elephant population, 300, and is a great place for bird watching.
Zanzibar Stone Town: It’s the historic, older part of the city, and one of the top place to visit on the island.
Zanzibar Beaches: Some of the greatest beaches Tanzania are on Zanzibar Island. They’re famous for their fine, white sand.
Tanzania is an amazing country, and you should definitely visit someday.
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed, and if you had any questions or feedback, comment down below.
Follow us on Instagram @voyage_the_wrld
Or on Twitter @VoyageTheWorld
Voyage with us!
One thought on “Tanzania Travel: A 14 Day Itinerary.”