Out of all the islands in Hawaii, it’ll be hard to just choose one. That is why I’m here today, to show you what island is for what person. Finally, you can choose the island that’s right for you.
(Note: I can’t do all the islands, so I’m only going to do three.)
Hawai’i Island (The Big Island)
Hawai’i, the largest island in Hawaii is a volcanic, beachy, and historical jackpot. The island’s beaches, however are not fine white sanded, but black, red, and purple pebbly beaches. Why? The Big Island is volcanic, and because of the volcanoes, lava rock has broken into tiny pieces by the ocean.
So, to the point of this post: Should you choose the Big Island?
Hawai’i Island is for people who like….
- Volcanoes, which also means walking, geology, and history
- Unique colored beaches
- Wildlife (rare flowers, animals, etc.)
- Hiking, which also means mountains, like Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea
- Cliffs off the sea
- Coffee- Hawai’i Island is famous for its coffee, and doing a coffee plantation tour is highly recommended.
Hawai’i Island is not for people who like…
- White sand, smooth beaches
- Extra-extra fancy beaches resorts- the other islands have better ones
- Flat hikes and nature reserves that don’t involve steep climbs
Maui is my personal favorite Hawaiian Island. Maui has some of the best beaches in Hawaii, with long stretches of white sand. There is also so much wildlife, hiking, and volcano activities available, that it’s the best of both worlds.
Maui is for people who like…
- Long white sand beaches
- Flatter hikes
- Wildlife (much like the wildlife in Hawai’i Island)
- Great beach resorts
- Blue-green water- on my trips to Hawaii, I noticed that the water around Maui was somehow greener than the water around the Big Island, but maybe it’s just me.
Maui is not for people who like…
- The Big Island
- Cheaper hotels
- Really flat ground
Oahu holds the capital city of Hawaii, Honolulu. A majority of travelers visit here and are astounded by all they see, like beaches and tall buildings. Another thing that makes Oahu famous is Pearl Harbor, which was bombed during World War II.
Oahu is for people who like…
- Bigger cities
- Maui, because Oahu is quite similar
- Turtles- there is a place called turtle beach where green sea turtles hang out
- Great hotels and resorts, but usually cheaper than Maui
Oahu is not for people who like…
- The Big Island- though they are similar because they have some large cities, the rest of them is pretty different.
- Really flat ground (In fact, pretty much all of the Hawaiian Islands are hilly)
Did you agree or disagree with anything I said? Comment down below, and have a great day!
Follow me on Instagram @voyage_the_wrld
Voyage with us!